Welcome to St. Mary Queen of Heaven, Georges Hall
Dear parishioners and friends,
Under NSW Government restrictions, “The number of people in a public place of worship must not exceed one person per 4 square metres ” and safe social distancing must be maintained. For our church, this limits attendance at around 65 persons.
Masses will continue to proceed on weekends and weekdays under the following guidelines :
- If you are unwell or display any flu symptoms please stay home. Your temperature will be taken at the door, and parishioners with a temperature over 37.5C will be unable to attend.
- The Archbishop has strongly urged parishioners to wear face masks during Mass. NSW Govt also “highly recommends” the wearing of masks in churches.
- Parishioners in high risk categories should reconsider the need to attend.
- At this stage, attendance is on a ‘first come come served basis’. (This may need to be reviewed as numbers increase.)
- All people attending are required to record their name & contact details to allow contact tracing if an infection arises. Where a sheet is provided, either tick your name or add your name & contact to the list. (This is a Govt requirement.) Parishioners are also asked to download the Govt Covid Safety App.
- At each attendance, you must sanitise your hands.
- Please do not socialise before or after Mass, either inside or outside the Church.
- The Archbishop requires that “congregational singing is suspended and ….. hymns not projected overhead“. (This is due to the danger posed by droplets propelled through the air when singing.)
Parishioners are also requested not to touch the statues and photos inside or outside the church, as this is a potential source of virus spread.
While the church is not open for general entry yet, we continue to ensure our procedures meet the Government and Archdiocesan requirements so that we can make the church available in a more open manner when this is eventually permitted.
As advised previously by the Archdiocese, parishioners are “dispensed from attending Sunday Mass “.
Please continue to check this website for information about any permitted gatherings in our parish church, including Mass, other liturgies, other celebrations and private worship.
The Parish COVID19 Safety Plan is available through the following link :
St. Mary Queen of Heaven, Georges Hall is a welcoming, supportive community of believers inspired by the life of Jesus. We are called to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our Mission : We, the St Mary Queen of Heaven parish, are called to be a strong, loving, caring family united in faith. Guided by the Spirit of Jesus we desire to use our diverse talents to reach out and encourage others. We cherish the living tradition of our Catholic church and will seek to heal misunderstandings and hurt in our midst so that Jesus’ prayer may be realised, “Father may they be one, as you and I are one.”
St. Mary Queen of Heaven, Georges Hall is a parish of around 4,500 parishioners and many ministries, such as the catechist program involving parishioners providing religion classes to Catholic pupils in local public schools.
The parish also runs a successful parish based sacramental program. The parents’ involvement in the preparation of each sacrament of Reconciliation, Communion and Confirmation provides an opportunity to walk together with their children on their spiritual journey.